The Beauty of Literature: Emma Holtrust
My name is Emma Holtrust and I am a creative writer and editor.
I currently live in Boston, where I attend the Publishing and Writing MA at Emerson College. Before that, I spend two years in London and I grew up in Belgium.
As many people, I’ve had a passion for books throughout my whole life. This means that besides blogging, I’m also working on my own MS and that I’m an editor.
My training consists of editing courses at Emerson College, where I work under well-known editors as well as an a subediting course at the London School of Journalism and several creative writing courses at schools such as Oxford.
If you want me to read one of your stories or papers, contact me via this website or via email@example.com. Right now, I cannot be paid (due to my visa limitations in the USA), so I work on a volunteer basis.
My reply time is 24 hours and I can usually sub your story within the week (if it’s a long one - just a chapter will be around 3 days max)
Then the cliché: my favorite books in no particular order
1. Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
2. In Cold Blood - Truman Capote (hence pic at the end of this section)
3. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
4. An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
5. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Identical by Ellen Hopkins
7. Never Let Me Go - Kazou Ishigouro
8. Speak - Laurie Halse Anderson
9. Breakfast at Tiffany’s - Truman Capote
10. Water For Elephants - Sara Gruen