This year I've decided to change many things on my blog - including a new layout soon! - and besides my Tea and Booktalk section, I also wanted to do a wrap-up every month from now on.
I've really enjoyed reading these kind of posts from other bloggers, most specifically the wonderful Grace Latter, and decided to make my own version of this. Though it is still mostly book related, these wrap-ups will also include other things I've enjoyed and didn't enjoy every month!
Things I loved this month:
- Travelling: This month my boyfriend came to visit me and we travelled all over the Netherlands. While I was born in Holland, I never really explored it much so I really enjoyed having the chance to do that now. Also, I got to revisit my college town Middelburg, which leads me to my next point...
- Nostalgia: February was very nostalgic for me. I don't know if it is the crappy weather or the fact that I'm in this weird in-between phase of waiting for my thesis results and slowly planning out my future, but this month I thought a lot about the past and how far I've come. Going back to my college town and seeing how things hadn't change there just made me realise how much I have. Almost five years later, I have lived in London, wrote a novel and started this blog. College seems years away, but it was so much fun to reconnect with that part.
- Dutch bookstores: I don't give Belgium and Holland enough credit for their bookstores. While I haven't read a book in Dutch since I was little, I also forgot how nice their bookstores can be - and their impressive English selection. Perfect example of this is The Drvkkery, where I did a mini-bookhaul with two of my favourite book editions ever.
Things that weren't fun this month:
- My reading pace: I've been off. I read seven books in January and was so excited to discover many more in February. But it just didn't happen. As any reader knows, some days you just can't make yourself read. While I'm trying not to feel guilty about that, I hope that March will give me new motivation to read some books that I'm really excited about.
- No thesis result yet: Though the deadline to get my result back is March 8th, I was optimistic I might get it early! But I'm still waiting and obsessively refreshing my studenthome page!
Things I'm looking forward to:
- Reading: As I said, February wasn't a good reading month but March is already looking good. I started The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and am absolutely in love so far. I'm only a third of the way in, but this story is nothing like I thought it would be and I'm loving it. I'm also vowing to get a grip on my Netgalley list this month - whenever I know I'm caught up with reviews, I just feel amazing.
- Booktube: I have some great ideas for some videos. I can't wait to dissect The Picture of Dorian Gray in a Tea and Booktalk video (I have SO MANY THOUGHTS) and there have also been some amazing tags doing the rounds that I can't wait to try.
That was my month. How was your February and did anyone else have a reading slump?
I hope you enjoyed this post and hopefully my March wrap-up will be filled with more book news and less reading slump news!