It's book haul time again! Last week I was in New Hampshire to visit my boyfriend and of course, a trip to Barnes & Nobles was on top of my to do list! I bought seven books - and only stopped at that because I knew I wouldn't be able to bring them home in my suitcase if I got more! But Barnes & Nobles sure is tempting!
The haul is a bit of a mix of everything, so I'm just randomly going through the list and say why I picked these books!
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: Okay, I know. I'm the last person in the world to read this book, but I'm SO excited to finally start it! When I saw it, I just couldn't leave it! (Goodreads)
- The Circle by Dave Eggers: This book is on my boyfriend's TBR list and because he didn't want to buy any more books (I know, he's crazy), I got it. For him, but I said it was for me. Reading the back, this book actually looks really interesting, so I'm excited to try it! (Goodreads)
- Ruby by Cynthia Bond: This will be my first book of the Bailey's Fiction shortlist. I want to read and review the whole list and figured I'd start with the book Oprah loves. Plus, it's small enough that it was easy to take on the plane with me! (Goodreads)
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell: Again, one of those books that everyone has read except for me. I've finally really become familiar with modernism, so I decided to push myself and try a postmodernist book. Not sure how this will go, but I figure you can expect a lot of confused Goodreads statuses while I read this! (Goodreads)
- The Heiress by Sarah Shepard: Though surprisingly, I'm not a PLL fan, I loved the Lying Games books and was excited to pick up this Sarah Shepard book. Mostly because it also was a bargain and it looks pretty. The reviews on Goodreads are pretty brutal, but I'm hoping this will be a good, brainless and enjoyable read. (Goodreads)
- I'm Glad About You by Therese Rebeck: Never heard of this book before, but I loved the bright blue colour and the blurb featured fascinating characters, so this was an easy one to pick up. Hopefully I'll read this in the near future. (Goodreads)
- Classic American Short Stories: You didn't think I would go to Barnes & Nobles and leave without one of their classics? I purely bought this book, because it looks good. And because I like short stories. But mostly, because IT'S GORGEOUS. (Goodreads)